Based in Nassau County, New York.
What We Do
We provide occupational (OT) and physical therapy (PT) services to children with special needs, aged 0-21, so that they can reach their fullest potential. We specialize in Sensory Integration. Areas we treat:
- Developmental Delays
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Disorders
- Cerebral Palsy
- Executive Function Disorder
- Behavioral Problems
- Fine & Gross Motor Performance
- Autism & PDD
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Asperger's Syndrome
Our staff is able to work with your child in a variety of settings: home, schools, and in our sensory integration clinic in Great Neck.
Fully-Equipped Sensory Gym
Stimulate and challenge your child's senses with our state-of-the-art sensory gym - an indoor, fun, and functional therapeutic playground!
Our clinic contains two large gross motor and fine motor rooms full of sensory integration equipment and computers. Parents are always welcome to enter the rooms and view a child's ongoing therapy as well as take part in a home treatment program.
Our center also boasts a comfortable waiting room where siblings can play as they wait and parents can read, relax & talk to one another.
We offer excellent treatment with the following approaches:
Handwriting Without Tears
Therapeutic Listening Program
Sensory Integration Treatment
Parent Training and Consultation
Getting Started With Us
Our services may be contracted through several organizations who can assist you in all necessary procedures. If there is a question at any time, we are only a phone call away.
- Early Intervention Service; 0-3 years old. Contact Nassau County Dept. of Health at (516) 227-8661. They will connect you with a service coordinator who will guide you through the process.
- Nassau Suffolk County Preschool Programs; 3-5 years old. Services require an IEP listing Therapy Services of Greater New York as service provider. Contact your school district (Pupil Personnel). They will evaluate your child then set up a CPSE meeting where services are approved.
- School based programs; 5 years and older. Contact your school district (Pupil Personnel). They will evaluate your child, set up a CSE meeting where services will be determined.
- Private pay. You can work with us privatelyby contacting our offices directly for pricing and availability.
Therapy Services of Greater New York was established in 1984 by Susan Lubrano MA, OTR who has over thirty years of clinical experience working in hospitals, schools and clinics.
Mrs. Lubrano continues to treat patients and teach students and staff. Susan's training and certification consists of:
* Neurodevelopmental Treatment
* Baby Trained
* Southern California Sensory Integration Test
* Sensory Integration Praxis Test (SIPT)
* Listening Trained
* Advanced Listening
While Therapy Services of Greater New York has grown steadily from 1984 to the present, the practice has been able to retain it's small and intimate feeling while providing the highest level of consistent and caring service to children and parents alike.
The goal of providing the best quality of services customized to fit individual needs, combined with open and honest communication, has been critical to not only our success but also our patients'. The entire staff continues to excel in delivering these goals through Susan's ongoing mentoring, education and growth opportunities.
Phone (516) 482-2650
Fax (516) 466-8717
45 North Station Plaza, Suite 309
Great Neck, NY 11021
Our offices are located directly across the street from the Long Island Rail Road Great Neck train station.
We would love to hear from you!
Send us an email using the form below.